A seemingly simple pasta dish that hides a profound complexity: a harmonious union occurs between the pungency of Cantabrian anchovies and the milky taste of the great French butter. Read on to find out how to make Pasta Burro e Alici - pasta with butter and anchovies.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 360g Spaghettoni (extra-long and thick spaghetti), linguine is a good option too
- 240g French butter - unsalted
- 220g Cantabrian anchovies in oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the spaghettoni according to the packing instructions - remember to boil in plenty of salted water
- As the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a pan large enough to hold the spaghettoni
- Add the anchovies, and stir until they dissolve into the butter
- Drain the pasta when al dente, add to the pan with the butter and anchovy mix and stir vigorously.
- Season to taste and serve immediately, top each plate of pasta burro e alici with a whole anchovy
How to Host the Perfect Italian Dinner Party
Bring Italy to you with our free guide to planning and hosting the perfect Italian dinner party!
Find recipes, wine paring recommendations and other tips for a memorable evening, all curated by our team of experts - download today here: